Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finals -12/13/10

Family!!!

Mom... Good luck on your final! :) You'll do great, you are such a diligent person and you always work hard to do your best. Remember to include the Lord as well, He'll only help you! Yes, it is getting cold... Funny story, going to the zone meeting last Friday? I believe it was (forgot my planner today) we had to drive our car which destroyed our miles for the week. So we rode bikes all day on Saturday!!! It was actually a lot of fun and we found some good success! My legs are beat, but like I said it was a lot of fun. :) Training is a lot of fun, Elder Van Wagoner is such a stud! Really I don't even have to train him because he already knows what he is doing, maybe a little fine tuning on how we do things in the VRM but other then that he is so great! And tell Eric I am proud of him... hahaha, I remember doing that, sooo funny! :)
Now for the better part of this... MOM!!! That is sooooo cool that you have been called to be a temple worker!!! Mom, that is the greatest thing ever! Helping people do those ordinances... The blessings that you are going to receive, and more importantly the people that you are helping to receive those is going to be amazing! Try reading President Uchtdorfs talk in the first session again, talking about slowing down and putting the things that are more important first. Such an amazing talk, and I know that this calling is going to help you grow and learn and just love the Lord so much more! I am sooo excited for you! :) :)
About reading the scriptures... 2 Nephi 32:3 I believe it is... I don't have my scriptures on me right now so I will put more insight on the subject when I write my letter. :) A lot of reading the scriptures comes down to making it a habit, but a reminder on your cell phone or the computer to go off and put everything aside for that hour or 30 minutes and just read the scriptures. That will help you more than anything, just put away the world and read for that little bit and you will see that you will have a desire to "feast upon the words of Christ!"
I love you mom, I love family, It's a little early but I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas! Thank you all so much for your support and your examples, they are truly greatly appreciated! Carry on, endure to the end, you are in my prayers and the Holy Ghost can always be present to comfort and guide you. Invite the spirit into your lives and you will notice our father in heaven opening the windows of heaven and pouring you out blessings that you won't even have room to receive. Again I love you...

Until next time :)

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment