Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm not good at coming up with Clever Titles - 05/23/11

Hello and good morning one and all!

Thank you for the e-mail mom, I loved it, it sounds like it was a fun sabbath, spending time with family always makes it fun! It sure sounds like there are some great things going on at home, that is so exciting to hear! Kelly is awesome, it's so cool that he is teaching primary, that's a calling that I would want, little kids are amazing, it can be hard to teach them sometimes, haha. Our Stake President (President Dudley) went from being a primary teacher to Stake President, so tell him to stay on his toes! ;) Also, I'm so glad to hear that Afton is doing well, it really just sounds like she is loving things, the church and the spirit and the fellowship really just work at people, it's true, the church is true and if we go we'll be happy, it really is that simple. Bishop Nickerson, he likes to be called brother Nickerson now, haha, he is an amazing man... I have never met someone with so much charity, he just has so much love for everyone and he is always sincere about everything. I have learned so much from him and I really look up to him, he can see the good inside anyone and will kill people with love, haha, it was really sad when he got released. That is so cool that one of Aubreys friends is coming here, he's lucky, he gets to come to the best mission, there are a lot of amazing things going on right now, also, I think that when he comes into the mission there will be the new style to train, there is going to be a new section of Preach My Gospel for trainers and trainees, it's amazing! Also with this last transfer there is another Elder Hopkins!! What are the chances of that? Not only that but he is also in our zone so I'll get to see him next Friday at zone meeting, it was really fun to hear that there will be another Hopkins. I'm glad to hear that Eric is getting into basketball, who would've thought that... haha. It always makes me sad to hear about his knee, Eric is such a trooper for fighting through that it's amazing, I really look up to him because of that. Golf sounds like it will be awesome, it's such a fun game, Elder Gill and I have been thinking about getting an investigator to go golfing with us on p-day. :) For Eric I say try out for the team, why not!? It's fun, you get to play basketball, and if you don't make it you don't make it. I wish I would have tried out my senior year, it wasn't very likely that I would have made it, but now I look back on it and wonder what would have happened, but oh well, it's not a big deal. Just go in there with a good attitude and have fun, that's what it is for. ;) Like I was saying earlier, there are exciting things going on in the mission, in our zone, the Chesapeake zone, there are 23 people set for baptism! That is the most that it has ever been, missionaries are absolutely amazing, people think it's the zone leaders that make it so good... We have nothing to do with that, missionaries are incredible and we have amazing missionaries in our zone. This last transfer there were a few changes, especially with a lot of the new missionaries coming in. The great thing is, those missionaries always carry this fire! They are so excited to get to work no matter how nervous they are. All of their trainers are awesome too, it's exciting to see things explode! Our area is really improving, we've got to do a lot of finding (knocking on doors), it's not always the greatest thing to do, but we are being blessed. Russell Brownley is doing amazing! He is now in the book of Jarom, just moving right along and understanding the things that he is reading, he is praying and he is getting work off so he can come to church every other week, maybe more in the future. The spirit of God has not only pricked his heart like it says in Acts, but it has pierced his soul to the very center and caused it to quake! Missionary work is the greatest most fulfilling thing anyone can do in their life, I love the life of a missionary. This church is true, this is the Church of Jesus Christ, it is His. This is His work, and He leads it, I know that it is what He does and what the Spirit does that truly converts people, we are just blessed to be His mouth piece. The Book of Mormon is true, it changes hearts, and it does testify of our Savior. The gospel has been restored, it is here, and we have it, in its fulness, and it is up to us to share it with everyone. I thank each and every single one of you for being a part of my life, it is no accident or coincidence that we have met, God has a plan, and you were a part of mine. Thank you for helping me become who I am today... A representative of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Let your light shine, be an example each day of your lives, we are too blessed to be stressed! ;) I love you, I pray for you, and I hope you have a fantastic week. :)

With love,

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment