Sunday, August 1, 2010

First MTC letter

"I have already learned so much being here from teachers, companions, other elders and the sisters. I've already had several spiritual experiences where Heavenly Father has shown how much he works unto me. I know now more than ever that your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you very much it is unbelievable. I know God hears and answers our prayers. He answered mine the very first night. The first day at the MTC i felt rushed, kind of overwhelmed. It was still great don't' get me wrong, but I was feeling inadequate and very homesick. I didn't think it would be so bad, but that first night I knelt down and offered up a sincere prayer, one of the most true, honest and sincere prayer I've ever said. Right after I said my prayer about giving me strength, about not being homesick, our Zone Leaders came and knocked on our door and gave me a letter. Today was much better not as crazy and rushed. I feel the spirit all the time!
I know the Lord knows you personally and answers prayers in his time. I know this gospel is true and I know there are people out there for me to invite to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. That is my purpose as a missionary. I know that it is the right thing. I love my Savior and I know that he loves me."

Love Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment