Monday, August 2, 2010

June 16,2010

"I really can't believe it's been a week already! One of the Sisters said how the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days.... I totally feel that exact way! I absolutely love it!! I've settled in and just soaking it all in as much as I can.
On Tuesday we had our first real missionary experience with teaching someone. It is called the TEC where we go and teach people who are pretending to be investigators. We taught about the restoration and the history of Jesus Christ and the Atonement. It was such a great learning experience and we all felt that we did amazing, the spirit was so unbelievably strong. It left a huge impact on me and my companions and on Colleen Richardson, who is the lady that we taught. That whole day was like a spiritual bomb went off around us!!
Learning about the gospel is amazing, it makes me feel happy and at peace and I know that that feeling is the Holy Ghost at work.
I love all of you and I know that where I am right now is where I need to be. I know that missionary work is such a powerful work and that it does bless peoples lives. I know that Joseph Smith restored the Gospel onto the earth and that he did see God and the Father in the grove of trees. I know prayer works. I know that Christ hears and answers our prayers and that he can do so because he knows each and every single one of us personally. How great is that!? Christ knows me.... he knows you and he loves all of his children so much that he would die for us! I know this gospel is true with all of my heart, I love my Heavenly Father and this is the best way I can think of to show it right now.
I love you all "

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment