Monday, August 2, 2010

July 21,2010

"The MTC has been great! I love everyone so much. The support and the letters and the packages are great! Really all of the missionaries crowd around every time someone gets a package or a letter, its like Christmas, you don't' know what you are going to get but you are still excited.
It's weird to think I've been here for two weeks, it seems like it has gone by so fast but at the same time it's gone so slow, but I've learned so much it's amazing. Its getting closer and closer though and its gonna be weird to leave here but I am really excited, nervous, anxious, scared just all these mixed emotions inside of me. I am really excited to go out and teach the people in Virginia, " the field is white all ready to harvest...". There are so many scriptures talking about that, we get to go out and invite people to come unto Christ!
It is so cool here at the MTC, you meet so many new and different people, you make so many friends and everyone is so nice. I've seem so many kids from school, Lone Peak has a huge amount of kids that go on a mission. Its so cool to see everyone!
I love this, I love being a missionary. I love serving the Lord and I love learning so much about this gospel! I know it is true, I know with all of my heart that this gospel is true, I know Christ knows and loves each one of us so much! He sacrificed himself for us, he took all of our sins upon himself, why?? Because he really does love us, everything he does is for us, our trials, our blessings, they are for you personally, they will strengthen you and make your faith increase. I know our prophet receives revelation and that I was called to go to Virginia for a reason and I can't wait t find out why!
Missionary doesn't just work when you are called to be one. Everyone at home, you can all be doing something, just your example alone is missionary work and how you act in public, you are a member of the Lords church, don't be afraid to show it and to let people know, act as if others are watching, because they are. You should always let your light shine, we all have the light of Christ and we should all let it shine. I love this gospel. I love my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer.
I can't wait to hear from all of you. I would love for you all to share sweet experiences you are having, scriptures or thoughts, just write them down and send them to me and I will do the same. As I said in the beginning I LOVE YOU ALL, really and sincerely. Most of all don't forget, don't ever forget that Christ loves you, that is what is most important, He loves YOU..... I know that to be true.
With Love, '
Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment