Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Email from MTC

"Leaving the MTC will be a little difficult, not really hard, just the fact that I'm leaving. Elder Lyons, one of the companions in our trio left early this morning along with the rest of our district going to Baltimore, Maryland. I am super excited for them , but sad that this is pretty much the end. Sad day but I know it's all for the better. I know we can't stay in our "bubble" forever. Ha Ha. I really am so excited to go out into the field though, super excited.
To all of you reading these letters, thanks you so much for your support and your love. I love all of you so much and I can truly say that and mean it. Family, friends and whoever else reads this .
I know that I have grown so much by being here, by studying day in and day out about the gospel, this true gospel! It is amazing what can happen in just 3 weeks, so I can see 2 years flying by the same way this has.
I know this church is true with all of my heart, every fiber in my being. I KNOW it is true! I know so much more now, so much truth about this gospel, so much that happens that testifies of our living Heavenly Father and how he touches and influences lives. He loves each and every single one of his children, and that means you. He wants to help you and I know that he does.... He's helped me so much in ways I didn't think I would be able to grow in. But faith and hope in Jesus Christ he does help everyone! I know with 100% assiduity that Joseph Smith was called of God to bring back this church on the Earth and to be able to translate the Book of Mormon. I know that book is true, I know it was translated thru the power of God and I know that it is true. I've never studied it like this, I've never asked sincerely it it is true but studying it everyday, reading it every free time I have and truly wanting to learn from it I have grown to know of its truthfulness and it is AMAZING!!
You can all be missionaries, being a member of this church people watch you and want to know how you act and why you are so happy. Always act as if someone is watching you, because truth is.... Heavenly Father is always watching you. He is there for you and wants you to do what is right so badly so you can live with him again. You can go on and on about the truthfulness of this gospel, unfortunately I don't have forever.... so I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Bearing testimony is amazing, read D&C 62:3, I have already shared it with you but read it again, you can never have enough scriptures... ha ha . I love it, I love this gospel and I'm so excited to go to Virginia!
I love you all, I thank you all for your support and I love to hear from you.
Love you all,
Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment