Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello From Virginia - 08/16/10

Tuesday was GREAT! I went on exchanges with the elders in Staunton and it was just so great! For some strange reason I was talking a bunch and pulling scriptures out of thin air, I was totally led by the spirit. We were just walking down a street and we saw a lady cleaning her car and we just went inside with her and had this amazing discussion about the gospel, I was talking so much it was way cool! She is a Baptist but I could totally see her getting baptized so hopefully they follow up. Also right after that we were knocking on doors and this kid rides by on a bike, so I wave and he totally just cusses me out, I just started laughing but it's pretty different with that happening instead of them just waving or something back. Also that night I had my first home cooked meal, different kinds of chicken, mashed potatoes, and vegetables, it was really good! So ya, that was just a way good day! Wednesday was an alright day, a few things fell through, but it happens, we talked to Lisa and things are still going good with her, she really needs some help so if everyone would just include her in your prayers it would help so much. The coolest thing about Wednesday was I taught someone who speaks French by myself with no companions; of course I had a translator and her husband so it was cool to be there. Taught him the restoration and invited him to be baptized so now he's just going to think about it, but the spirit was definitely there! Thursday we had a zone conference and President Perry and his assistant missionaries. Zone Conferences are soooo amazing and our mission president is so powerful, it was great to be there and just catch the vision, which I am going to talk to everyone about later. We talked with Sara Richardson after that, and she is getting so close, we talked to her and her fiancĂ© about eternal marriage, she wants to get married in the temple so baptism is totally going to happen hopefully in the near future, so pray for her too! :) We met with Natalie Sikes that night too, she is so solid and is so excited about getting baptized, she is so great and her little daughter, Harley, is the cutest little girl ever!!! Ha-ha, so good stuff there! Friday we had our weekly planning which takes awhile, but we got it done. A lot of things fell through then, but we had a dinner with Kim Willaby who is like a professional chef! The meal was amazing, some chicken on rice stuff I forget what it was exactly, but it was super good! She's going to travel around the world with her boyfriend and go cook at these huge restaurants (ya can't spell) but she is legit, but they don't want to hear about the gospel right now, so that's a bummer. Then we had a lesson with the Buer family, members, and they are so great, brother and sister Buer are so great and they love learning more about the gospel. We just talked to them about listening and asking inspired questions (pg 183-186 in Preach My Gospel) it was good stuff and they loved it, I loved it, the Holy Ghost is AWESOME!!! :) Saturday we met with a new investigator for the singles ward named Shauntay and she is progressing really well, she is set for baptism on Sept. 25th I think it is? So ya, we were able to meet with Lisa and Marcus, and also Lisa's son James who is 13 and we're going to start working with him. It is so cool!!! :) Then we had dinner at Natalie's house and it was amazing pasta stuff, talked to her about the gospel of Jesus Christ which is AMAZING, haha I love this gospel so much. Faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, 2 Nephi 32:21 I think, I sure hope I’m right, but I don't have my stuff with me right now. So sorry if that isn't it. Sunday was good, we had meetings and I went to the family ward by myself, well with the other elders who go there, and it was really nice, Lisa couldn't make it, but Natalie was there! :) Then we had lessons with some of the single sisters from the singles ward and it went really well! Sorry this is kind of a crazy letter but I really don't have much time, I love everyone so much, study Preach My Gospel, it is amazing! Also, the vision I talked about from our mission president... mormon.org!!! Everyone go to mormon.org and look at it, make links on your facebook, make links to your blog, send those videos to friends everywhere, it is growing huge and it is a huge way we get referrals so it helps so much! Will you do that? "YES" says everyone! haha ok good! :) I love you all and have a great week, can't wait to hear from you! :)

With love,

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment