Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween 11/01/10

Dear Mom....... and family,

To start on Sunday, with that guy who was there, I spoke in church... No one came up and said anything about meeting you, but if he was there he sure would have seen me. haha. So I spoke in church on..... missionary work.... haha who could have seen that one coming. I found out I was speaking on Thursday, and I was also giving a training on Friday for our district, so I was really packed up with things I needed to do, especially since we don't get to study on Sundays because we have meetings early in the morning. My training for the district was on the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. I was able to use Elder Hollands talk on the divine companionship which was really nice. You should read that talk sometime. That went really well, then I guess my talk went pretty good, haha, a lot of people liked it. Guess what! We had 6 investigators at church yesterday!!! Sundays are always amazing, people were so excited and all of the investigators loved church. We met a girl on JMU, her name is Kat, and she absolutely loved church, she used to be Catholic and grew up and then fell away and didn't even believe in God. She has a missionary out in Argentina I think it is... She loves learning about the church and I am positive she will be baptized soon. A lot of things are happening here, before I came it was pretty slow, but things are changing, we're finding people to teach and we're focusing on their needs. It is sooo great! :) A college student is getting baptized next Friday which is way exciting and she has some non member friends that we've been meeting with. So ya, this place is exploding and progressing so well.
Justin is going to be great, I just know it, and I'm positive he's going to love being a missionary, as I'm sure all of the others do as well! :)
Sounds like a pretty sweet Halloween, a Jabbawoccee (however you spell it, mom- a jabberworky hahaha) and Eric as MC Hammer sounds way sweet. For us, we had to be inside at 6. We took some funny pictures with the stuff you sent us, and thank you so much for that I loved it! :) So ya, it wouldn't have been the most effective thing to go tracting on Halloween.
Yes, it is getting cold, haha. Every morning it's pretty much freezing and its not even winter yet! haha, but some sweaters would be cool, I was wearing Elder Comers sweaters in those pictures. Just black and maybe gray would be cool, but you don't really need to worry about those. Today we're gonna go golfing on a free par 3 course. It's gonna be a lot of fun, and no we don't play ball here. 1st reason, the court is carpet, no bueno. 2nd reason, there are only 4 of us, maybe some college students, but ya that's it.
My role is senior companion... I drive!!! :) and I make all of the final decisions. I have to be real decisive, which is what I wanted to work on the most, which makes it funny that I'm doing this now. But ya, that's all I do, the real senior companion is the Holy Ghost, so we're good. ;)
Thank you for everything that you all do, I love you all so much, Stay strong and read and pray and things will always get better. I love your letters and e-mails so much! I hope you have a great week.

I love the life of a missionary!!!

Elder Hopkins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment