Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Transfers 1/10/11

Hello,

Don't worry about the title or subject or whatever, I'M STAYING IN HARRISONBURG!!! I'm soooo excited, there are so many amazing things happening here, the work here is just on fire, especially now that the college students are back it will pick up even more! Some exciting news is that Kat is going to be baptized on the 22nd and she has asked me to baptize her! Also the week after that Ed and Judy Young will be baptized on the 29th!!! Missionary work is the greatest thing ever! The people here are just so great, some quick insight... If you pray for charity, YOU WILL receive charity! The Lord will answer our prayers and He has helped me love these people. Without charity we are nothing, 1 Corinthians 13 is a great example of that. Without love it is so much harder to serve, without love it is harder to help. When it is hard to serve these people it makes it hard to serve God, because when we are in the service of our fellow being we are only in the service of our God. I love the life of a missionary! This is the greatest experience any young man, young woman, or elderly couple or anyone could ever experience. President Monson has made a huge push and emphasis on people to go on missions, because of the things that you will do for the Lord, and for yourself and for those around you. This work is divine, it is led by our Father in Heaven and it will go on. Joseph Smith in the Prophet of the Restoration asks this question: "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" Following him I ask you the same question. Really think about it, how do we go on? How do we endure to the end? We trust in God, and we go on. I think of Alma 38:5, this is Alma addressing his son Shiblon. I ask you to read that, apply it to yourself, put your name in place, and then look at what happens when we trust God. We preach and teach and help people to have a trust in God, so that we can open the doors of the Celestial Kingdom to His children who are seeking for the truth. We are the only ones who can do this. Baptism is the first step, a step we have taken, now we must endure, we will push on in this great cause! Following Jacob in the Book of Mormon... I make an end of my writing upon this page, which writing has been small; and to the reader I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu! Jacob 7:27 :) I love you.

Much love friends,

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment