Friday, May 6, 2011

8 MONTHS - 03/07/11

Good morning!

Well yes, this morning after our studies I realized that today is my 8 month mark... sad day! Things are going good, I had my first zone meeting this last Friday and it went really well. I was super nervous, especially since Elder Gill and myself decided not to take our notes up with us, we prepared and wrote things down that we were going to talk about but then we didn't take it up to use it. Things still went great and it was a lot of fun to stand up and begin sharing the love that I have of being a missionary and to be able to have an impact on these other missionaries and really help them recognize the importance of their calling as a representative of Jesus Christ (that is what I trained on) and Elder Gill explained how we can really become a successful missionary. Things went really well! Things are going really well here, we're trying to pick up some of the work, we have a family of 5 that we are teaching and they are progressing and struggling at the same time with some people holding them back, that is the biggest thing that is going on here. Being a zone leader is fun, but it is really different, there are a lot of things going on and a lot of planning and counciling that goes on. We really get to talk to the other missionaries about problems that they are having and get to hear of all the miracles that are happening as well, it is really cool to be looked up to and to have people know that we can help them and that we really care. I love helping other missionaries and talking to them and helping them focus and see how blessed they really are. Being a missionary is just so great and I love it! :) Fast Sunday was great, we work in a family ward and a singles branch so I was able to bear my testimony twice yesterday in both meetings and it was just great, I love these people and I love being a part of their family. :) I hope all is going well. Mom, there is a talk in the new Ensign, the March 2011 issue called Learning to Forgive. Try giving that a read and I know it will help, it helped me out a lot, there are so many amazing things in the Ensign and I wish I would have looked at them more before my mission. Anyways, I love you all so very much, let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Sorry I haven't been writing that much, I need to be better at that. Just know I love you and I hope you have a great day and a great week!

Much love,

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment