Friday, May 6, 2011

Miracles and Blessings Abound - 04/18/11

Hello,

Sounds like things are going great at home, I'm glad to hear of all the amazing things that are going on, miracles and blessings, it's so good! I can't believe how many people are coming to Virginia!!! haha, that's so funny, they are all going to just love Virginia Beach, it's a sweet area, I haven't been over there to much but for the times that I have it looks really nice, also I was talking to Rob about the missionaries there, they have some great missionaries... Then again, all missonaries are great so it makes sense! haha, I am so glad to hear that Jess and Afton are progressing to the temple, that is what everything comes down to, that is where we want all of God's children to go, baptism is just one thing, it is that continual christian living that gets us back to our Heavenly Father. Also, so it's not official, but Rob and Mariah, that is so cool! I'm super happy for them as well making those same steps. Not to mention you working in the temple, it sure sounds like our family is in the right place. Some things that will continue to help, I think of the talk from Elder Christofferson I think it was, when he was talking about making our home a Christ centered home. The home should be the second closest place to heaven next to the temple, do all you can to make it that way, pictures of the temple, prophets, our Savior, and also weekly family home evening. I know our family wasn't always the greatest at that, but with you mom and Eric at home you can do your own family home evening. There are amazing blessings in store for those who keep a Christ centered home! Update on the tornadoes, yes it was intense. There were 68 targeted tornadoes in Albemarle, 20 people were killed, it is tragic. All of the missionaries are accounted for and they are planning on service projects in the area. The storm reached across a lot of land, even we had some tornado warnings, nothing got to serious just a lot of rain and a lot of wind but everything is ok. There are so many things going on around the world, natural disasters, wars, and rumors of wars... Things are getting out of hand but like it says in Helaman 5:12, as long as we build on a firm foundation it doesn't matter what comes our way. Alma 38:5, trust in the Lord and we will be lifted and protected from all trials that come our way. This isn't a time to be afraid, for we know the signs and we know what the scriptures say. This is the time to prepare, and to rejoice for these things being fulfilled. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I love all that it does for His children. This church is true. I love you all and I pray for you, have a great week! Until next Monday...

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment