Friday, May 6, 2011

It's May - 05/02/11

Good morning!

Hello, thank you for singing happy birthday... it's crazy that my birthday is just around the corner, no longer 19, the big 20! haha, it'll be good, because everyday is good on the mission! :) Don't worry mom, I'm reading your e-mails, I knew all about Rob and dad driving here and being here, it's a crazy thought Rob is just up the road from here, but I do read your e-mails. I'm so grateful for them, I love the info I get about home, the exciting things that are going on there... haha, hopefully Eric is completely bored ;). Missionary work here is taking off!!! It's amazing what is happening, our zone, and throughout the whole mission amazing things are happening. The work in our area is taking off as well, new investigators to teach, we have 2 people set for baptism at the end of this month with more soon to come. April 30th there were 4 baptisms in one area, Mt. Pleasant, the area right next to us is seeing so many miracles. In the month of April the Chesapeake zone has had 8 baptisms!!! That is amazing... Missionary work is so cool! This next week we get to up to Richmond for a Zone Leader Council and just get to learn from President and the assistants and get council for our areas, then on Friday we will have a zone meeting, those are always fun, it's pretty intense standing up in front of all of these amazing missionaries and teaching them and trying to help them become the best missionaries they can become. I sure do grow a lot from doing that, I have learned so much from other missionaries, and usually teaching them I learn so much from studying to help them, I'm sure I learn more than they do from what I'm trying to share with them, haha. Well, the Buffalo Wild Wing challenge happened and it went well, I finished the 12 wings in 5 minutes 30 seconds, so I had 30 seconds to spare, with them trying to take pictures while I'm eating, hahaha, there are some good pictures. I won a t-shirt but they didn't have a big enough size so hopefully I will be getting one that fits me soon. :) For my card, I'll just see if I can call it, it will make it easier and I'm sure that will be ok... And for mothers day, I'm excited too! We'll be going to our bishops home for dinner and then to call, so I'm guessing it will be around 6:00 or later here, so around 4 or so there. I don't know the exact time, but around there. The people we are meeting with are amazing, we have 4 investigators right now so it still has room for improvement, but 2 of them are preparing for baptism, Tonya Edmonds, and Russell Brownley, the other 2 are Al and Steve, they are all amazing and could really use some prayers. I can tell you more about them on Sunday. ;) The story about the tow truck guy is over, we haven't seen him since then or been able to get in contact with him, kind of sad, but it happens and we need to move on and continue to look for more of Gods children who are ready and being prepared. Missionary work is amazing and it will continue to go forth no matter what, I love the life of a missionary, each day I see the Lord at work, each day I am further converted to the gospel, and each day I am blessed and the people I serve with and those I come in contact with are blessed. God loves His children so much, it is humbling to know that He has called me to help Him in this work. Each of you are apart of this work as well, don't give up, and don't give in to the temptations that Satan continues to throw at us, Christ met those head on, and overcame everything that Satan can give. The atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it is for everyone who will ever live. I love my Savior and my Father and I am so grateful for their love towards me. This church is true, we must never forget what God has given us. I love you all and I am thankful for each and every single one of you, we are apart of each others lives for a reason. Have a great week, and have a great day! Don't forget to smile! :D

With much love,

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment