Friday, May 6, 2011

Farewell Friends - 02/21/11

Good morning from Virginia!

I will start with the news... Yesterday we received transfer calls... I didn't make the cut, I'm leaving Harrisonburg! It's bitter sweet, I am getting transferred to Chesapeake, the other corner of the mission, haha! I will be in North Carolina as well which is awesome! I am serving with Elder Gill, one of my friends from Charlottesville so that will be way sweet! I have been asked to be a zone leader so that is what I am going to do there. Honestly it will be hard to leave this place, so much has happened and I have seen so many miracles, blessings, changes... The people here are great, people like: Kat, Ed and Judy, Mario... The list can go on but they are really important to me. They have changed and they have helped me change as well. :) It will be sad to leave Elder Van Wagoner and the other missionaries here, we have become such good friends but I know that the Lord needs me in Chesapeake now at this time. Here is the address: 19 B Kingsbridge place south Chesapeake Virginia, 23322... So that is the real exciting news... Along with something about Michael. He is someone we've been meeting with and we have become really good friends, he wants to be baptized but wants to talk to his parents first about it. I ask that you will pray for him and his family, he called me last night and asked me to baptize him when he gets to. He is an amazing person and loves the gospel and the scriptures and everything about the church, including his Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. This week has been pretty slow so I just wanted to tell you about transfers, I guess it's kind of a big deal. ;) I'm so glad to know that who the Lord calls he also qualifies... I'm very excited to stretch even more and really help not only the people of Virginia, but also the missionaries as well. I am being truly blessed and I am so grateful to know that God trusts me. I love the life of a missionary, it is the greatest thing ever and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's been rough realizing that 7 months have already come and gone, I'm just so glad to know that there is so much more for me here! haha. Always remember the relationship that yall have with your Father in Heaven, as you recognize this you will want to pray to Him, and if you don't then you need to pray to Him to gain that relationship. I love my Father in Heaven, He has done so much for me... He truly did give his only Begotten Son so that we can be forgiven, so that we can have eternal happiness. 2 Nephi 25:26 says, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." He gave his life for us, so that we will have that remission of our sins. He loves you. I hope yall have a great week, and always remember those little blessings that He gives you each and every single day. There is a talk on mormon.org by Joseph B. Worthlin titled "Come what may, and love it" I suggest looking at that and really exploring what mormon.org has to offer. I love you!

Until next week,

Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment